On Thursday, 16th February, at Saatchi Gallery in London, we hosted the final event of the first Google Play Indie Games Contest in Europe. The 20 finalists, selected from nearly 1000 submissions, came from 12 countries to showcase their games to an excited room of gamers, industry experts and press. Selected based on the votes of the attendees and the Google Play team, the Top 10 pitched in front of a jury of industry experts who chose the top winners.
Drive submissions to the European Google Play Indie Games Contest and create a positive sentiment in the indie game developer community.
- Catchy worked with Google to create the contest promotional copy including analysis of impactful hashtags to maximize exposure
- Catchy identified, researched and contacted a mix of 230 indie game social channels to help promote the contest e.g. Influencers, Meetups, Facebook / LinkedIn / Slack groups, Gaming Associations & Developer Forums.
- Catchy checked eligibility, tested and scored all contest submissions and provided a shortlist of the top 30 games for final selection by the Google jury
- Catchy conducted post event marketing on the winner and runners up to promote their success story to the wider developer community
Catchy helped Google to smash their internal submissions target by 264%
- Provided Google valuable insight on the current state of indie mobile game development e.g. adoption of Google SDKs, geographical statistics, innovative concepts, pricing models etc
- Established relationships with large indie networks for future marketing