Nokia developer day at MWC
The day opened with an executive keynote session where the release of the Nokia X software platform was a hot topic. The Nokia X is an Android based software platform, enabling Android developers to reach more users with their existing code base. The Nokia X devices will be priced below the Lumia devices making them affordable for many. As well as discussing the Nokia Imaging SDK 1.1, which gives developers access to a powerful library of exciting image manipulation tools, which makes creating the next generation of imaging apps for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8.1 devices quicker and easier.
In addition to the keynote, there were many great interactive activities available to get stuck in to, you could:
- Attend tech sessions for Windows, Windows Phone, and Nokia X
- Experience the Nokia Imaging SDK at our out-of-this-world interactive demo
- Win prizes at the DVLUP Carnival from XP to an Xbox One
- Sign up for free Windows Phone design consultations
- Pitch your app to the Nokia merchandising team
- Meet the Nokia Developer Champions and the winners of the Nokia Create contest
- And of course play with all the newest phones, including Nokia X
Nokia had experts to hand for those with questions or wanting to port their apps to Nokia X on the day. A porting bus is situated in Hall 8 (Theatre District) where you can sit with the team and have hands on porting training for the rest of the week.