CREATIVE DESIGNER WITH DEVELOPER SKILLS
If you can concept an idea, then execute it in terms of both design and development – we want you!
Catchy is in need of someone who can do it all. A design first mentality, with some UX, a little bit of copywriting skill, and can back it up with coding ability.
- Ability to translate concepts into effective visual designs for interactive marketing, online campaigns, email and web.
- Demonstrated experience delivering campaign level design concepts in a large enterprise environment.
- You are a fresh creative thinker, with a passion for design in all media and a love of making things.
- You live for interactive, have a contagious work ethic with a maniacal attention to detail, strive to produce the work at the highest quality standards and absorb design knowledge and trends.
- Participated in banner campaign work, including initial concept development and execution.
- You are a talented designer with the experience to conceptualize as well as translate and extend concepts into effective visual designs for interactive marketing, online campaigns, web and motion-based projects.
- You are are self motivator, who will work on several projects at a time and will be involved in all phases of creative development, with a focus on design execution.
- You will be involved in new business projects as well as internal initiatives.
- Strong digital design portfolio
- 3+ years design experience, preferably in an interactive agency
- Advanced command of standard design and layout applications (e.g. PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign) and HTML and style sheets.
- Responsive design experience
- Can speak with a high level of authority and experience to development best practices
- Demonstrated ability to utilize feedback/direction from creative lead to generate multiple design explorations and iterate designs to the satisfaction of lead.
- Has managed multiple assignments at the same time (including organizing and prioritizing workload, and working efficiently under pressure in a deadline-driven environment).
- Solid understanding of the digital landscape, including everything from ecommerce websites, immersive and personalized online experiences to online campaigns, social media and mobile.
- Creative problem solving skills that enable you to evaluate a creative approach, brainstorm, and seek unexpected, original and innovative ideas.
- Careful attention to detail and sensitivity to version control issues.
- Strong verbal communication skills. Able to articulate your creative process, thoughts, ideas and a point of view about your work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, a sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment with multidisciplinary teams.
- Self-motivation – you like to figure out how to get the work done and do whatever it takes
NICE TO HAVE
- WordPress design/dev experience
- HTML Email development using Dreamweaver or another dev platform
Due to the nature of working in a small but growing agency, the right candidate will be prepared to take on new challenges and expand their skill set to fit the changing landscape of clients and their needs.