Location: US (Remote), PST preferred
Salary: $120,000 - $130,000
Catchy, the leading developer marketing agency, seeks a highly skilled Senior Technical Writer Manager to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years of experience in technical writing, with a focus on API documentation, and 3 years of experience managing a team of technical writers.
If you are a seasoned Technical Writer Manager with a passion for leading exceptional API documentation and have a deep understanding of the best tools and practices in the field, we would love to hear from you.
What You Will Do
This role will be an embedded consultant leading a team of dedicated technical writers supporting a Fortune 500 FinTech company. In this role, you will lead and mentor a team of technical writers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including development teams, product managers, and subject matter experts to gather information and understand complex technical concepts related to APIs.
- Identify and fill documentation gaps by conducting independent research, interviews and hands-on exploration of the APIs.
- Create and maintain high-quality documentation standards that is measurable across the technical writing team ensuring accuracy, clarity, and consistency.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand the end-to-end workflow to deploy new services and capabilities to identify opportunities to streamline documentation creation.
- Define and implement information architectures that are effective, impactful and scalable.
- Manage tasks and information flow using collaboration software (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Develop a deep understanding of the APIs and their functionality to accurately document their features, capabilities, and best practices to developers and users.
- Proactively engage with development teams to ensure timely updates and revisions to the documentation based on API changes and enhancements.
- Create best practices and style guides to maintain a consistent tone, structure, and format across all technical documentation.
- Stay up to date with industry standards and trends in API documentation, and recommend improvements and new approaches for enhancing the documentation process.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure documentation aligns with branding, marketing messaging, and overall company goals.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of documentation infrastructure, tools, and workflows, exploring and implementing the best options for managing and maintaining technical documentation.
- Mentor and guide senior technical writers, sharing knowledge and best practices to promote professional growth within the team.
- Consult and provide subject matter expertise across wider aspects of technical documentation, including information architecture, workflows, and navigation
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communications, Computer Science, or a related field
- Proven experience leading, managing, and mentoring a diverse team of technical writers.
- 7+ years of experience as a Technical Writer, with a focus on API documentation.
- 3+ years of experience managing and leading a technical writing team.
- A hands-on approach to understanding the technology and products being documented, with a keen ability to learn new technologies quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to remain agile in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience documenting tutorials, guides, and API reference docs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to producing accurate, high-quality documentation.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Who We Are
Catchy is a leading developer marketing agency that specializes in building, growing, and managing marketing programs for the world's largest technology platforms. With over 13 years of experience, we have helped our clients engage integrated ecosystems of developers, partners, and customers to drive the adoption of their products and services.
Our Core Values
- Collaborative. We put people first and elevate others - from our people to our clients and partners.
- Inclusive. We embrace diversity in our people, our clients, and in our thinking.
- Fluid. We adopt a flexible mindset and embrace new challenges and opportunities.
- Accountable. We stand for each other and for our work.
We are open to applications from eligible US and UK citizens.
Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plan options (for qualified US citizens), 401(k)/pension, paid time off, paid holidays, volunteer time off, and an annual education stipend.
Catchy is committed to ensuring all candidates have equal opportunities to be considered for employment. Please let us know if you need reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.
Interested in applying? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org