Seattle-based developer marketing agency Catchy is growing its delivery team and is searching for a technical writer to audit existing documentation and create guides, tutorials, and use cases to support developers on their journey. Ideally, we're seeking a candidate who has experience working with clients at the strategic level and the content creation level. A background in digital payments is a plus, but not essential.
What You Will Do
Working directly with Catchy’s Technical Director and a team of strategists, graphic designers, and industry experts, you will be tasked with auditing developer portals, co-creating a content strategy, and regularly delivering technical developer content to support developer portals.
- Work to obtain an in-depth understanding of products and the documentation requirements
- Audit existing developer portals
- Co-create content strategy and technical content that directly impacts the UX of developer portals
- Research and/or interview stakeholders to discover topics for new content
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand developer guides that include code samples
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the creative team and the larger company
- Work with and present work to clients confidently and clearly
What You Will Bring
The ideal candidate has some experience in the digital payments space, is an expert communicator, and ideally has experience producing video content for developers. You will also have an interest in working in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous agency environment.
- 3-5 years experience as a technical writer, ideally at an agency, consulting firm or corporate enterprise
- Experience auditing portals, understanding what developers need to know, and creating content that fills those needs
- Proven track record of taking a strategic and deeply customer-minded approach to content development
- Skilled collaborator who can clearly articulate and propose concepts and ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Preferred skills include video production, experience creating original video tutorials, and UX metrics/analytics experience
- Seattle preferred, remote (within the US only) is okay
Who We Are
Catchy has spent over 12 years building developer marketing programs and engaging developer and partner communities. Some of the largest brands in the world, including Amazon, Google, and Microsoft, trust us to craft the strategy and execute on the big ideas that create millions of dollars in value.
Our Core Values
- Collaborative. We put people first and elevate others - from our people to our clients and partners.
- Inclusive. We embrace diversity in our people, our clients, and in our thinking.
- Fluid. We adopt a flexible mindset and embrace new challenges and opportunities.
- Accountable. We stand for each other and for our work.
Catchy is committed to ensuring all candidates have an equal opportunity to be considered for employment. Please let us know if you need any reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.
Please know that if you're passionate about this type of work but perhaps don’t meet all the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you.
Interested in applying? Get in touch with us at email@example.com