What are your primary responsibilities as a Senior Executive Assistant at Catchy?
My primary responsibility is ensuring that the leadership team’s days run as smoothly as possible, keeping in mind that their time is valuable.
I also assist in the execution of events, operations, and internal initiatives, like Culture Club.
What are some of the most important qualities for an executive assistant to have?
As an executive assistant, there are several qualities that can help you excel in your role. According to a post on teambuilding.com, some of the top executive assistant skills include:
- Organizational skills
- Multitasking: At max capacity.
- Time Management: For your own time but more importantly for your Executives, their days get eaten up so quickly by small things when they could be working on larger projects.
- Communication skills: You are the gatekeeper, the one people come to first and you need to represent your Executives to the best of your ability.
- Attention to detail: Executive assistants are responsible for ensuring that their executives’ schedules are well-organized and that all details are accounted for.
- Adaptability: Executive assistants must be able to adapt to changing circumstances and handle unexpected situations with ease.
- Initiative: Executive assistants should be proactive in identifying ways to improve processes or more efficient ways to support their executives.
Which Catchy value do you strongly resonate with and why? (Collaborative, Fluid, Inclusive, Accountable)
That’s an interesting question. I think all of our values are important and admirable, but if I had to choose one, I would say Fluid.
I resonate with Fluid because I like to adapt to different situations and challenges and try to learn new things along the way. Being Fluid means being flexible, curious, and open-minded, but it also means being able to switch between different modes of thinking depending on the context and the audience.
I think being Fluid is a valuable skill in today’s world, where things are constantly changing and evolving. It allows me to grow and improve myself, as well as help others in various ways. That’s why I strongly resonate with Fluid as a Catchy value.
Could you share any advice or insights for others interested in pursuing a career as a Senior Executive Assistant?
Pursuing a career as a Senior Executive Assistant is rewarding and fulfilling, to me. It involves supporting high-level executives and playing a crucial role in the smooth operation of an organization.
What aspects of your role do you find the most rewarding and fulfilling?
Being a Senior Executive Assistant is rewarding because it offers the opportunity to make a direct impact on an organization's success by efficiently supporting high-level executives. It provides a dynamic and diverse role with opportunities for professional growth, strong professional relationships, and exposure to leadership. I would choose this career path over again if I had to.
What are you most proud of in your professional career so far?
I’m proud that I’ve been able to help so many people in so many different ways.
Want to work with April and the rest of the Catchy team? Well, you’re in luck - we’re hiring! Check out our Careers page for our current openings.