BlackBerry has launched this week a ‘budget’ smartphone aimed at emerging markets with an aim to increase and reinvigorate its global sales.
The new smartphone handset called ‘The Z3’ will be rolled out initially in Indonesia and then in other emerging markets.
Designed specifically with Indonesian customers in mind, the handset’s features include:
- A five – inch touchscreen
- The ability to type in Bahasa
- BlackBerry Messenger and BBM Stickers using local characters
- A price tag of only $200 (£118)
- Customised local apps
- Long lasting battery
- BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.1
BlackBerry hopes that with the introduction of an affordable handset in developing markets it will not only increase its sales in Indonesia once again, but also increase its share price and regain a level of competition with other phone giants such as Apple, Samsung and HTC.
For more information please click here.
Image by Martin Hajek.